Zero Bake Rice
Prep: 10 mins
Cook: 25 mins
Serve: 1 pax
1 pouch of ZEROTM RICE
1 tomato, sliced
1 tsp olive oil
1/4 onion, chopped
Pinch cayenne pepper
30ml low fat milk
1/2 cups shredded sharp Cheddar, plus extra for top
1/2 tsp freshly chopped parsley leaves
1/2 tsp freshly chopped thyme leaves
1/2 tsp chopped basil leaves
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 220°C. Butter a casserole dish.
- In a pan over medium-high heat, saute onions with 1 tsp of olive oil and cayenne until translucent. Set aside.
- In a bowl, whisk together milk and egg.
- Add the cheese, ZEROTM RICE, parsley, thyme, basil and combine well. Season with salt and pepper.
- Pour into prepared casserole dish, put sliced tomatos on rice and top with extra shredded cheese. Bake for 30 minutes and serve piping hot.
Options: Use a mix of cheeses for extra oomph!
You can even make this ahead of time (prepare up till step 4) and pop this into the oven for a quick, yummy meal!